Ours is a Tough Business
Real estate is not for sissies! It requires determination, discipline and a never-give-up attitude. Our mission is to sell property and get buyers and sellers to the closing table. We work every day including weekends and vacations (I still have visions of my husband who is afraid of heights climbing to the highest peak just to get a signal on his cell phone!).
It takes patience and understanding when you are the significant other to a real estate agent. Patience to know that dinner might be later than usual and understanding that maybe it's just a good night for take-out and a bottle of wine.
You know you're dating or married to a real estate agent when:
- You always take your car to Costco because their trunk is filled with cleaning supplies and open house signs.
- Your kids bring 'leads' home from school. "Guess what? Our teacher said she's wants to sell her house! I told her you could sell it, here's her number."
- You don't know how to boil water but learn how to cook out of desperation and necessity.
- They take a cooler full of food and drinks when they go to work.
- Their cell phone rings with random late night calls and text messages at odd hours. No need to be jealous, you can book that cruise now.
- Vacations are planned around the next big real estate conference they want to attend.
- Stopping at the office is included in the drive time to get somewhere.
- They use the "size of a Supra key" as a source of measurement and you get it.
Written By: Kathy Zorn